Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting called to order @ 6:30pm at WHS by Kim Plowman – Coach Hayes’s room
  • 19 members present
  • Coach Report – Bernard: session with boys went well – most showed up.  No optional workouts until January 3rd – 4pm-5pm – daily through try outs.  Nothing with the ball – indoor/outdoor depending on the weather.  He will post on Twitter.  There was a small change to the schedule for Varsity Girls & Boys – they swapped times for the Fayette County game (away) – boys will play first and then the girls.  HAYES: Assistant Girls Coach will be Orlando Zeledon – unfortunately he won’t make the deadline for training in order to be certified.  So, he can’t coach until February.  But he will be behind the scenes.  Good numbers for try-outs, a few seniors who didn’t play last year want to play this year.  Conditioning starts Thursday – 4pm-4:45pm.  Every Tuesday and Thursday – sometimes until 5pm.
  • Coach Convention –  advanced nationals is the same price as convention – only applies to Bernard.  Other options for other coaches – courses here and there and some online.  Leave dollar amount the same in the budget until we know?
  • JV Tournament – 6 girls teams and 8 boys teams.  Have schedule.  March 3rd – rain date March 10th.  Need a parent to oversee.
  • Treasurer’s Report – Geoff Fulton – no transactions since end of October.  Have to pay uniform bill.  Bernard asked about extra items that need to be bought – as long as it was on the original list he can go ahead and order it and get paid back.
  • Spirit Wear – Rebecca Stone – had samples – long sleeve black t-shirt, gray sweatshirt without a hood (for the girls), and full sleeve raglan (baseball style).  Maybe black hoodie for the boys.  We will up the price by $2 each – extra funds will go to cancer night at McIntosh (March 15th).  Also printing shirts for players for that night.
  • Banquet –  Kelli Mcmahon – buffet at Flat Creek – too expensive – $30-$35 per player.  Last year was about $25 per player.  She will meet with newest banquet coordinator to discuss last year’s issues before signing a contract.  Need to secure the date.  No extra $ for centerpieces – will use the same ones from last year.
  • Senior Pictures –  Terri Dumas – photos after school one day – January 23rd, 24th or 25th?  Inside?  Outside?  In the gym?  Need to coordinate and hold the date and space.  Team and senior pics.  She will ask photographer about taking a pic for the program cover.
  • Advertising – Dionne Ryff – we have new sales sheets – start selling ads.  Talk to friends/neihgbors/doctors.  Pay and send ad/business card immediately to Dionne (check to Geoff Fulton).  Go to press 1st week of February.  3 types of ads – fence/banner; program ad; electronic billboard display.  10% off if order by 12/31/17.  Player ads – seniors are half price.  Any player can have an ad.
  • Website –  No progress on adding info yet.  Add discount cards.  Get info to Kim about shirts so they can be put on the website too.
  • Concessions – Mrs. Bishop can get Beta Club members to sign up to work.  Parents will be automatically assigned shifts like last year.  Heather Blanchard (boys mom) will run concessions with help from Erin Wilson (boys and girls mom)
  • Senior Night – Caroline Schmitt and Tracy Outhavong will handle.
  • Practice Field – need someone to line the field.  Try to find a freshman parent to help.
  • Announcers – Only have Chris Chenette for Varsity Boys.  Need to fill other teams.
  • Next Meeting – January 8th @ 6:30pm
  • Meeting adjourned @ 7:11pm.