Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting called to order @ 6:33pm at WHS by Kim Plowman – Coach Hayes room
  • 14 members present
  • Board members introduced to group
  • Reviewed and approved minutes – motions by Kellie McMahon & Rebecca Stone
  • Varsity Boys – schedule set and done – need to put on website. There may still be changes. Boys will meet Thursday – before or after school. Info about try-outs, etc. 28 boys signed up so far on website.
  • Varsity Girls – Need assistant coach for Varsity. Glen Fox can no longer do it – coaching at AFC. Training will begin around Thanksgiving and beyond. Girls will meet Thursday – schedule on line and will also be given at meeting.
  • JV Tournament – 4 girls teams so far. Hoping for 6-8 for both boys and girls. Need a chairperson.
  • Shelter Repairs – Bernard will get quote before next meeting from Champion Leather
  • WMS – Tomorrow coaches will be there for sign ups.
  • Treasurer’s Report – Geoff Fulton – Reviewed budget. Need to increase program ad sales. Concession income was cut in half last season with no field. Sell scoreboard space. 2 year contract. Scoreboard charges were reduced for soccer and lacrosse. WHS is no longer charging $50 per player participation fee. Field maintenance costs – number is high right now. Grass cutting/rye/painting. Vote on budget at next meeting.
  • Programs – Dionne Ryff – Need help selling ads – Andy Peterson was instrumental in getting businesses involved. Do we try and model other schools? Each family that sells one gets a personal ad for free? Or just buy the personal ad? Players who have jobs – should we encourage them to talk to their employers about ads? Can Andy Ryff add banner ads to the website? Or add to scoreboard?
  • Spirit Nights – several businesses were interested in holding these events – Oz Pizza, Waffle House, Firehouse Subs, Tour de Italy, Yo Tops. Talk more about pursuing this for extra funds.
  • Banquet – Pinewood is more expensive. Terri has the turf centerpieces from last year. Look into Flat Creek again – change menu – possibly more choices? Coach Schmitt talked to a church as an option – need to get more info .
  • Cancer Awareness Night – Terri Dumas. March 15 th – McIntosh.
  • Concessions – need a committee to run it! Dwarf House (Alan Barton) can provide sandwiches for $3.10 each. Truett’s Pizza? Marco’s? Need a better system for the hot chocolate. Assign volunteers again. Give parents the option to “opt-out” of volunteering and pay flat fee to pay students? Mrs. Bishop can give us Beta Club students to work. Info given in January about hours.
  • Discount Cards – Lisa Melatti & Candice Reese. Contact Lisa for cards. Talk about online app for next year in the spring. Add info on website to sell discount cards on there – Andy Ryff.
  • Practice Field – need someone to line the field . Try to find a freshman parent to help.
  • Game Day Ice – need people to help with this.
  • Senior Night – need junior parent or underclassmen parent . Have all the old guidelines to follow. Senior pics and banners – Terri Dumas.
  • Spirit Wear – Rebecca Stone – order forms at signing night. Andy Ryff can add info to website.
  • Announcers– Only have Chris Chenette for Varsity Boys. Need to fill other teams. Vena will run training at the end of January.
  • Meeting schedule dates – subject to change.
  • Meeting adjourned @ 7:46pm.